Mangere Mountain, walk the present, discover the past. Science 1.13
Mangere mountain education centre. has information on the mountain.
The landmarker walk trails around the mountain, Humps hollows and terraces are traces of a large community that lived in the shelter of the mountain, The formation of the mountain would have been extremely violent.
There are six stations around the trail
- Te waahi Paarekereke (The Nursery)
- Ngaa Rua (Pits of Plenty)
- Tuuaapapa Parehua Whare (Terrace Housing)
- Taituaraa Whakauu (Security)
- Nga Momo Kai (To be Relished)
- Ngaa Taiapa Hei Whakatuu (Family Fences}