Mangere mountain education centre. has information on the mountain.
The landmarker walk trails around the mountain, Humps hollows and terraces are traces of a large community that lived in the shelter of the mountain, The formation of the mountain would have been extremely violent.
There are six stations around the trail
- Te waahi Paarekereke (The Nursery)
- Ngaa Rua (Pits of Plenty)
- Tuuaapapa Parehua Whare (Terrace Housing)
- Taituaraa Whakauu (Security)
- Nga Momo Kai (To be Relished)
- Ngaa Taiapa Hei Whakatuu (Family Fences}