Click on comments at the bottom of this post and answer the questions. The best 5 answers will each receive a mars bar.
First of all watch this clip of a Boeing 767 take off.
A Boeing 767 is travelling at 80 meters per second when it takes off.
(1) What is the speed of the aircraft in kilometers per hour
(2) How long does it take for the aircraft to reach its take off speed from the start (when it is stationary).Time to the point the aircraft just begins to lift off the runway
(3) Use this time to calculate the acceleration of the aircraft as it moves down the runway.
The equation you need is a = (change in speed)/change in time
(4) Calculate the total thrust needed to produce this acceleration by using the equation:
The aircraft weighs approximately 200,000Kg when it is fully laden. Remember to use the correct units in your answer.
(5) The shape of the aircraft wing changes as it approaches cloud level. Why is the wing designed to behave in this way.
(6) What airport do you think the aircraft is taking off from, why?
Finally click on the blue comments button below this post to leave your your answers. You will be asked for an email address and there may be a delay in your comment appearing on the blog.